Then, in the afternoon, I was visiting another research participant and the wife of the participant gave me a blanket that she knit just for our little guy! Technically I am not supposed to take gifts from clients but it's not like I am not going to refuse a gift that someone hand made for me! Here it is!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
yet another reason why i love my job
So today I had a funny experience at work. Well actually I was out on a visit. It was a short visit because all I needed to do was have a participant sign a form. So I got to her condo and called her so I could be buzzed in. When she answered the phone she told me the elevators were out (she lives on the second floor) so I should just wait for her in the lobby. I was waiting in the lobby and soon I see her looking over the second floor railing down into the lobby. We said hello and then she proceeded to tell me not to worry, she put together a contraption so that I can get her the paper (I was thinking, I wonder why I can't just take the stairs up to her or she could just take the stairs down to me). Well, the contraption was awesome. She had gotten a ball of rope and had tied a paperclip to the end of the string. She lowered the string down to me and then had me put the form on the paperclip. Then she pulled it back up to herself and signed it and sent it back down again on the paperclip. It was great. What a resourceful lady (although I am still not sure why I couldn't take the stairs....)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how sweet! ok, the lady with the pen/paper clip contraption is awesome! resourceful is the perfect word, hahahaha :)
I love your work stories!
Post a Comment