Sunday, September 4, 2011

My favorite place on earth

I got an email from my mom recently that said they were going to Door County and that I would have to find another babysitter for Tripp that week. My reaction was not to find another babysitter but to call my dad and make sure we got invited. and of course that tactic worked. In fact, I am pretty sure my dad even thanked me after we got home for being willing to take time off of work and come with them. Yep, I had him tricked :). Anyway, because Nelson needed to save his vacation days for when the baby comes, he stayed at home and held down the fort while Tripp and I headed up north. Flying by yourself with all the gear that comes along with a toddler and being eight months pregnant is not the easiest thing, but I was willing to take the chance. We had such great time. I think there nothing like the joy that comes with seeing your kid ridiculously happy and enjoying the same things that you enjoyed as a kid yourself. Tripp absolutely loved the beach. He loved the sand, the water and most especially loved playing with his Papa. My dad introduced him to "surfing" which when done on a lake is the perfect thing for a two year old to do. In fact, Tripp commented "I really love this water" as he was riding the raft through the waves.


We spent a morning at The Farm where we got to see all kinds of animals. Even though there were lots of cows, chickens, goats, sheep, etc, Tripp's favorite part was the tractor. He probably could have spent the whole morning climbing and playing on it but we made him go check out some animals.




This year we made it to a restaurant that Tripp loved- PC Junction. Your food gets delivered to you on a miniature train! He was mesmerized by it and was pretty quiet the whole dinner cause he was just taking everything all in. We got to play outside on their wooden trains and then also took a "roller coaster ride" as Tripp called it- I am sure it felt that way to him. It was really just this tractor type thing where two people pedal in the back and two people can sit up front and ride. Tripp rode up front and thankfully he held on tight, cause with me and the wheel and my dad in charge of the speed, it was more like a roller coaster ride than a tractor ride.



We had a great time and are so glad it worked out to go. This is definitely the best place ever!

1 comment:

Laura Ward said...

You've told me about Door County for years, but seeing Tripp's face in these photos confirms how absolutely wonderful it must be! (I especially love the one of him getting buried in the sand by your dad.) So glad you got to have this little vacation before the baby comes!