No, it wasn't made of gold or laced with diamonds. It was merely flushed down the toilet. And not by a little boy, but by his mom, who tends to be rather clumsy. I'm not sure how it all went down(literally and figuratively), but somewhere between me going to the bathroom and then holding Tripp to help him brush his teeth, I knocked the tube of toothpaste down from the shelf into the toilet as it was flushing. It went down and everything seemed to be ok. Till today when the toilet would pretty much no longer flush. Since we live in a 1 bathroom house, we had to do something about it pretty much right away. Thank goodness for the 24 hour/7 days a week Roto Rooter man named Gabe. He was at our house in less than an hour after calling (which was a great thing because I drank a soda for lunch and had to go to the bathroom pretty badly by the time he got there). So he picked up the toilet, took it out to the front lawn (I really wanted to get a picture of that but I didn't want him to think I was really weird so I decided to pass on that), and proceeded to auger (not sure if that is verb or not) for a good 10 mins before wrangling out a tube of baby toothpaste. I guess that's what you get for trying to teach your kid about proper tooth hygiene. If I bring our bill into the dentist at Tripp's first visit, do you think they will reimburse us?
Sunday, July 25, 2010
The $229 tube of toothpaste
No, it wasn't made of gold or laced with diamonds. It was merely flushed down the toilet. And not by a little boy, but by his mom, who tends to be rather clumsy. I'm not sure how it all went down(literally and figuratively), but somewhere between me going to the bathroom and then holding Tripp to help him brush his teeth, I knocked the tube of toothpaste down from the shelf into the toilet as it was flushing. It went down and everything seemed to be ok. Till today when the toilet would pretty much no longer flush. Since we live in a 1 bathroom house, we had to do something about it pretty much right away. Thank goodness for the 24 hour/7 days a week Roto Rooter man named Gabe. He was at our house in less than an hour after calling (which was a great thing because I drank a soda for lunch and had to go to the bathroom pretty badly by the time he got there). So he picked up the toilet, took it out to the front lawn (I really wanted to get a picture of that but I didn't want him to think I was really weird so I decided to pass on that), and proceeded to auger (not sure if that is verb or not) for a good 10 mins before wrangling out a tube of baby toothpaste. I guess that's what you get for trying to teach your kid about proper tooth hygiene. If I bring our bill into the dentist at Tripp's first visit, do you think they will reimburse us?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my! Didn't see that coming! So glad you were rescued and while we keep the lids closed in our house (is Tripp fascinated with the toilet because John seriously is!), we'll definitely do it in light of your story.
ROFLOL! So glad it worked out in the end....though you are right.....that was expensive toothpaste! :)
Too bad there isn't that port-a-potty in the yard anymore...
Post a Comment