Monday, April 6, 2009

my favorite gas station

I have a little bit of an obsession with the gas station Mobil on the Run. I just love the inside area. It is just such a great spot- great soda fountain, great snacks, nice people, all around great spot. When I lived at my parents, there was a MOTR (that is what the cool people call it) very close by, but after getting married and moving to another part of town, we were not even close to the MOTR any more. I would look for excuses to go there, but it was just so far away, there was no way to justify it. So you can only imagine my delight when I found out a few months ago that they were tearing down a regular Mobil a block from our house and putting up a Mobil On the Run instead. I have already become a regular customer (it is a great thing that I have to drive a lot for my work so that I can visit the gas station more often). I always support their low gas prices by going inside to buy something from the store (I know, that is how they make their money, but I am happy to support them in that way). I usually go in the morning, get my gas and then get a breakfast bar or drink of some sort. If I am out of gum, I get some of that too! Well, now that you understand my love for MOTR, I can tell you the rest of the story. Today when I got home from work I noticed everyone had yellow bags on their doors. I thought it was probably the yellow pages or something like that. But it was way better. This yellow bag was from Mobil on the Run. It had a free mug inside it, a super absorbant towel and many coupons for the store. You would have thought it was Christmas at our house with all the excitement that I had towards this yellow bag. I even called my dad to tell him and make him jealous of the fact that he did not have one. You can bet that I will use my coffee mug with pride (right now it might have to just have water or decaf in it) and I will dry off my car using that super absorbent towel with a smile on my face. I will also go buy some cheese nachos with my coupon and savor every bite of the very processed cheese. Thanks MOTR for making my day even brighter!

1 comment:

Emily M. said...

I remember your love of supporting the convenience stores of staions you love, so I'm glad this MOTR meets your expectations. I'm sure you'll quickly become one of their most valued customers!